Jonathan Green Veri-Green Crabgrass Preventer Plus Lawn Fertilizer
Jonathan Green Veri-Green Crabgrass Preventer plus Lawn Fertilizer feeds and greens up the lawn for up to three full months and provides pre-emergent control of crabgrass. When applied prior to germination it controls other weeds such as goosegrass, dallisgrass, chickweed, henbit, and oxalis.
This product contains an advanced herbicide known as Dimension® that unlike other Crabgrass Controls provides post-emergent control, meaning it will kill weeds after they have germinated. Postemergence control is limited to crabgrass and is effective for up to four weeks post-germination. It will only kill the plant up to the 3-leaf stage of growth; a fully mature crabgrass plant has 7 leaves.
- Kills crabgrass both before and after germination
- Rich nitrogen formula feeds the lawn for up to 3 months
- Fertilizer analysis: 20-0-3
- Clear & odorless herbicide that does not stain hands, shoes, or walkways
- Same season-long results as other crabgrass preventers with fewer harmful active ingredients
When to Apply:
- Apply in the spring prior to the germination of crabgrass and other grassy weeds.
- The best time to apply is from late February through mid-May depending on the region.
- Spread this product a day or two after mowing and when the lawn is dry.
- Do not apply when seeding or under newly laid sod.
- Use a rotary or drop lawn spreader.
- Check that the spreader opening at the bottom of the hopper is closed.
- To select the proper spreader setting see the Spreader Settings section in the accordion below.
- Push the lever forward only when ready to spread.
- Apply fertilizer around the perimeter of the lawn to establish a turning area. Then run the spreader back and forth within the area outlined by your first perimeter application. Always allow an overlap to avoid gaps in coverage.
- Sweep any excess granules off of hard surfaces and back onto the lawn.
- Thoroughly irrigate the treated area after application for best results. About 1 ½ inches of water per week is sufficient between rainfall and irrigation, but not to the point of run-off.
- Once watered, wait a day to mow the lawn allowing the product time to activate.
- Do not seed for 3 to 4 months after application.
Can Be Used When Seeding: No
Apply to Dry or Damp Lawn: Dry
Safe for Children & Pets: No
Application Temperature Range: 50° – 75°F
When to Use: Spring or early fall