Jonathan Green Contractor's Landscaper Grass Seed Mixture
Jonathan Green Contractor’s Grass Seed Mixture is the ideal grass seed for soil stabilization or temporary lawn seeding. Contractor’s Mix contains annual ryegrass so it germinates quickly and provides a fast grass cover. It is most often used by new home builders to establish a lawn quickly because it provides an excellent value for the price. Contractor’s Grass Seed Mixture can be overseeded with any Black Beauty® Grass Seed Mixture to grow a lawn that will persist for years to come. This seed germinates in 7 – 10 days.
- Ideal for soil stabilization
- Use for temporary lawn seeding
- Contains annual ryegrass which germinates in 7 - 10 days
- Grows in full sun to medium-shaded lawn areas
- 25 lb Bag
- Overseeding – Seeds up to 6,500 sq. ft.
- New Lawns – Seeds up to 3,250 sq. ft.
- 50 lb Bag
- Overseeding – Seeds up to 13,000 sq. ft.
- New Lawns – Seeds up to 6,500 sq. ft.
Grass Type: Annual Ryegrasses
Grass Color: Green
Recommended Planting Months: For cool-season grasses
- Mid-August through mid-October
- Mid-March through mid-May
Sun Tolerance: Good
Shade Tolerance: Fair
Light Requirements: Full sun to partial shade (4 – 8 hours of sun)
Drought Tolerance: Fair
Insect & Disease Resistance: Fair
High Traffic Tolerance: Fair
Planting Depth: ¼ inches
Germination Time: 7 – 10 days